Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Swollen testicle-PLEASE help
    An_249754 posted:
    I've gotten a swollen testicle over 4 times now, it happens every month or couple of months. I tried to figure what triggers it but sometimes it comes out of no where!!! Ill be In perfect health then I start feeling it. I usually get it in my right testicle but it happened in the left side before. The pain that comes with it is EXCRUCIATING pain, from 1-10 I would say its a 9!! If the right testicle swells for instance I feel sharp consistent pain in the testicle and radiates up and around to my back on the right side. It is sooo bad I have lost my job for calling off sick too much. It usually lasts for a week to a week and half. Everytime it comes with a fever! I only have sex with one girl. I went to the emergency for the first time and they thought its because of an STD so they gave me doxycycline and a shot in the butt but my results tested me NEGATIVE for chlamydia and gonorrea which are the 2 that would cause that. But after finishing the doxycycline, a month later, it happened again and they basically told me they dont know!!! i dont have a doctor and the bill from the hospital is over $3,000!!! I'm terrified it will happen again. Please any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    counterso responded:
    Testicular pain is an EMERGENCY and requires immediate medical treatment. It's likely that you have a hydrocele or some other variable swelling that requires treatment. General practice physicians (at the hospital) know about as much about your genitals as you do about thermodynamics. See a urologist, immediately.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    Diagnosed with BXO (balanitis xerotica obliterans) in May 2011. I had a very sever case and had 4 surgeries and was in the hospital for 4 weeks.

    Helpful Tips

    penis vibration mostly cured
    Just want to thank everyone for their posts. I thought I was dying. Maybe I had brain, spinal, or penile cancer. Reading your posts I ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 1 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.