Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Discolouration at the base of the penis
    Rrj29 posted:
    Hello three years ago a discolouration at the base of my penis appeared I have seen numerous doctors who have dismissed it as pigment change but my gut feeling is that it's something worse.

    The discolouration has a purplish red colour to it and the vein next to it has become very prominent. Within the discoloured area the glands have become prominent to at times these can hurt to touch. Finally my penis always seems to shrivel to the discolured area and it appears shrivelled in this area alone while the rest of shaft appears normal to the head. These last few weeks I am feeling a throbbing pain in that area.

    Please if anyone can help this is consuming my life and the doctors will not refer me to a urologist as I'm in England it's all deal through the NHS

    Thank you
    counterso responded:
    It could be that you have a fungal infection under the skin. Please see a dermatologist. You need specialist help, not from a general practitioner.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    65 years young and just trying to do the right thing. At my age I just can't afford any mistakes.

    Helpful Tips

    Pain in Manhood
    I been to hospitals and clinics for the treatment and said Gonorrhea and just the last one i have visited said Urethritis. I have been ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.