Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Is this what I have or should I see a doctor
Llpleger posted:
I am 23 years old and about a month ago i notice I had a red irritation/ sore right under the head of my penis. I wrote it off as a friction sore that i have had before and they usually go away within a few days, but then the symptoms starting adding up. Swollen groin lymph glands, Swelling around the penis, a hard vein type thing the runs from the base of my penis and along both sides of the head that I am assuming is a swollen lymph "vein" like you have been talking about. There has been a little pain during masturbation and intercource along with premature ejactulation problems. I am wondering if all of my symptoms are caused by the same thing or if I should go see a doctor and get tested for std's.
counterso responded:
It is highly unlikely to be related to any STD, however you indicate you're continuing to masturbate or have sex even though you have irritation. That has to stop. Stop all stimulating contact with your penis until the situation has been resolved for at least a week with no discomfort.

That you have other swelling and lymph symptoms may indicate a general infection that appears in the most sensitive parts of your body. You should definitely see a physician to check for a general infection that is affecting your whole body since the lymph symptoms are not entirely localized. An ingrown toenail, a parasite, a developing allergy, and other seemingly distant causes can result in lymph responses in sensitive areas like groin, armpits, etc.

Either way, it is something you should discuss with your doctor promptly.

Spotlight: Member Stories

65 years young and just trying to do the right thing. At my age I just can't afford any mistakes.

Helpful Tips

Skin burning in my left waist area at belt level
Does any professional know about a condition with symptoms of skin burning in my left waist area at pants belt level? I have had this for ... More
Was this Helpful?
43 of 64 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.