Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Infected gland underneath penis head?
    Jthompson2001 posted:
    So I had sex about 2 weeks ago and woke up the following morning with a red pimple like (which I now know is a gland of the penis) under the head of my penis. I washed it off and it stung really bad, so I head over to the std clinic cuz I thought I had something. I got tested for everything and I'm a ok but when I ask the doctor about the gland she applied an alcohol pad on it, wiped it off and said its nothing , I asked her but y is it like this, she said its just a tear of the skin. After I left there I went ahead and bought neosporin and have been applying it everyday since, it's been almost 15 days, it looks alittle better but it's still red and still hasn't heal, has anyone had this problem? If so what can I do?
    counterso responded:
    You absolutely CANNOT put neosporin anywhere on your genitals. It's not safe to do so, just like you can't use it near your eyes.

    If the doctor said you tore the skin, then that's probably what happened. It can take a couple weeks for the delicate tissue of your penis to heal.

    Keep the area clean and dry (use some talcum/baby powder). Don't irritate it with more sex or masturbation. Likely you will just have to wait for it to heal. If it gets worse, see a dermatologist or urologist. If it's just healing slowly, be patient.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    Diagnosed with BXO (balanitis xerotica obliterans) in May 2011. I had a very sever case and had 4 surgeries and was in the hospital for 4 weeks.

    Helpful Tips

    penis vibration mostly cured
    Just want to thank everyone for their posts. I thought I was dying. Maybe I had brain, spinal, or penile cancer. Reading your posts I ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 1 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.