Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    clear sticky dampness
    An_250466 posted:
    For the past 2 weeks i have been experiencing 'dampness' on the end of my penis. It seemed to start shortly after having sex with my partner. She wears a fitted coil and on this occasion i could feel it when we were having intercourse [it was actually uncomfortable for me>. For a week after i felt like there was a grain of sand in my urethra. I went to an urologist who took a urine sample [which was negative> and did an ultrasound scan [ok apart from a slightly enlarged prostrate>. I was advised to buy some herbal tablets to ease my prostrate and told my condition would subside. However, 2 weeks later and it is still the same.

    I am 49 and have had this problem before. When previously checked, using a culture swab test, at an STD clinic i was told it could be NSU and was given an antibiotic tablet which tended to clear it up. Now i'm living in a different country and the procedures are different. The doctor didn't give me a culture swab and i think this is what i need. It's not uncomfortable peeing but i have a strange conciousness of something being not quite right down below plus an uncomfortable dampness. Any advice please?
    counterso responded:
    I'm sorry, but this doesn't really describe a problem, just a change.

    It's possible that the irritation you felt was caused by some minor injury from the device your partner was using. The way the sensation registers compared to what actually may have been injured does not necessarily have to make sense.

    If you think you may have an infection, you need to be tested and the results need to be communicated to you in a manner you can understand.

    There are many reasons you might be "leaky" an infection is only one of those reasons. In this situation, I think only a urologist is going to be able to diagnose properly, if you're unable to rule out an STD.

    As far as an enlarged prostate, you'll know whether the supplement recommended is working or not (it doesn't for 50% of men), after taking it consistently for 2 months. Most of these supplements fail to contain sufficient active ingredients to have a positive effect, lowering the success rate further. If you're going to use one, you should find one that is standardized to contain a specific amount of phytosterols that you can rely on. I'm not sure what to recommend, since the one I would go to is not available overseas.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    I had prostate removed 5 yrs. I have had incontinence every since. I had colligen placed near my bladder two times.No luck. I had mesh sling surgicall...More

    Helpful Tips

    Pain in Manhood
    I been to hospitals and clinics for the treatment and said Gonorrhea and just the last one i have visited said Urethritis. I have been ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.