Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Kidney Stones
jed3469 posted:
Hi there, i have had Kidney Stones for the past 12 years and have had some removed, they are in both Kidneys the right being the worst and in quite a lot of pain. I have had Lithotripisy, Ureterscopy, and PCNL, i went back in to Hospital yesterday for them to do another Ureterscopy and were unable to get to the stones in the Kidney so my Consultant was having a meeting about me today but he said there is a procedure called Nephrolithotomy- removal of the kidney stones taking part of my kidney away with the stones, has anyone had this procedure done before or can recommend anything else please, Thank you.

counterso responded:
Kidney stones are nearly always caused by diet. Assuming you have calcium oxalate stones, hopefully you're willing to constrain your diet in a rigid manner so you can stop forming stones. Additionally you can take a supplement to help normalize your urine chemistry.

I can't speak about experience with the procedure you're describing, but I recommend visiting http://www.urologystone.com which is the most comprehensive resource on stones around. Over 3000 pages of information.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i am a 25 year old male and i have alot of medical problems.To start with i have rhumatoid arthritis, bulging discs and degenerative disc disease in m...More

Helpful Tips

Skin burning in my left waist area at belt level
Does any professional know about a condition with symptoms of skin burning in my left waist area at pants belt level? I have had this for ... More
Was this Helpful?
43 of 64 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.