Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Bizarre Symptoms
    delacroix13 posted:
    I have been having bizarre symptoms over the past year.
    I started waking up with a slight, mucous like discharge from my penis, that was slowly accompanied by testicular pain. Immediately assuming it was an STD, I went to my doctor to get treated. All The STD tests came back negative, but he prescribed me some antibiotics and it went away.

    Two months later, the symptoms came back. My doctor, thinking I initally tested falsely negative, assumed it was a reinfection, retested me, gave me the same antibiotics, and sent me on my away. Again the symptoms went away, and all the STD tests came back negative a second time.

    Another two months later, the symptoms came back and my doctor immediately sent me to a urologist. He had no idea what to do and sent me to an infectious disease specialist. The infectious disease spcialist tested me again for STDs with no avail, and sent me to a different urologist. This urologist told me that its not an external infection causing it, so just to give it some time and hopefully it will go away.

    Oddly enough, 2 days after my appointment the symptoms went away. Until about 1-2 months later. I decided to wait it out a second time, but now the symptoms have stuck around for 6 months (though the testicular pain has not come back). Also, about a month ago, I noticed a change in the consistency of my semen. It is now clear and watery.

    I know that whatever I have is not communicable because I have not passed it on to my partner. The doctors examined my prostate with an ultrasound and said it looks normal. This is a complete mystery.

    Has this or something similar happened to anyone?
    counterso responded:
    The consistency of your semen is not an indication of anything related to this, and the texture can change throughout your lifetime, even as often as from week to week. It has nothing to do with this discharge.

    Your GP was right to send you to a urologist, however you were wrong to avoid the doctor and to allow symptoms to persist for months.

    What symptoms you may have do not necessarily mean your partner would have the same symptoms. There are many diseases for which one partner is symptomatic and the other has no symptoms at all but still has the disease.

    Testicular pain is considered an emergency situation. That antibiotics seem to clear the condition indicates that the test they're doing is probably the wrong kind. Request a 7-day broth test, not the rapid test they have been doing.

    I'm glad you're not having pain, but any persistent symptom that looks like infection is serious and should not be left unattended. Has anyone considered that it might be an allergic reaction or a parasitic infection? Both can have occasional symptoms that look like the symptoms of a bacterial infection, but neither would appear on a disease screening. Did either urologist consider epididymitis?

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    Diagnosed with BXO (balanitis xerotica obliterans) in May 2011. I had a very sever case and had 4 surgeries and was in the hospital for 4 weeks.

    Helpful Tips

    Regarding erectile pain.
    I was experiencing pain when I had erections. It was like a muscle strain sort of feeling. I was concerned until I figured out why I was ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 1 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.