Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Is that mucous in my urine
amazin1to6 posted:
I have been experiencing urinary urgency at times and must rush to get to the bathroom. Once I get there sometimes it is a little hard to start and then one I do there is a little pressure as the flow starts. Sometimes the flow will then almost stop and then starts up again. I recently started collecting a sample to look at it. This occurs every now and then, but when it does the sample has lots of large and small globs of mucous in it. It actually looks like ejaculate, but I don't think that could be what it is. I have never had an STD, nor has my wife. Neither of us has ever had another sex partner either. I do believe I have protein in my urine, I am getting a test kit tomorrow to verify, but would this mucous be caused by protein alone?

counterso responded:
No, you don't make mucous in your bladder.
While it could be a retrograde ejaculation, it sounds more like the beginnings of kidney stone formation. Regardless of what it is, it sounds like you need to see a urologist. A sudden change in urgency, plus the globules are both reasons to see a urologist.

Spotlight: Member Stories

65 years young and just trying to do the right thing. At my age I just can't afford any mistakes.

Helpful Tips

What is this hard "vein" and swelling on my penis?
Veins in your penis will usually have a blue color, but sometimes you may have what looks like a "vein" appear that wasn't there before, ... More
Was this Helpful?
82 of 171 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.