Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Damaged Penis in January, will it heal?
WonkyWang posted:
I have damaged my penis back in January doing jeqing when errect and now my penis head does not fill with blood and I have mild errectile dysfunction. I have been told to abstain from masturbation, but, ridiculously, have found this very difficult. Is there any medication that can decrease my libido? Should I be seeking an ultrasound or is it two late at this stage. My injury occurred at the beginning of January.
WonkyWang responded:
I have also seen a urologist, who told me to rest, then prescribed cialis after the problem persisted. He diagnosed me as having a muscle injury. I don't think that I was aware that the problem within the penis head was additional to the erectile dysfunction/hard flaccid. The peins head is white below the urethra, feels numb, and there is a visible vain at one side. There are also red spots and discoloration.
counterso replied to WonkyWang's response:
There are no muscles in the penis.
There is no medication to decrease libido.
You need to control yourself or risk further and permanent damage.
It sounds like the injury is severe. Hopefully it will recover, although the process is likely to take months. If you continue to masturbate you are aggravating the injury and are likely to cause permanent scarring and deformation by further traumatizing the area.
Jelqing is an extremely risky practice and not something you should ever do again, ever! It is deliberately injurious to your penis, counting on only you limiting it to mild damage and your ability to heal from that damage. If done aggressively, you could EASILY permanently damage your penis, which you may have already done.
I'm sorry that you were not appropriately warned, but you may be out of luck here and suffer from this damage forever. The kinds of consequences that are typical, are exactly those you have described.
WonkyWang replied to counterso's response:
Thanks for the response.

If the damage does not heal over the next few months, is there any further action that could be taken to improve the situation?

Should I be taking cialis?

Would an anti-inflammatory medication be more appropriate if there is clotting in the penis?

Could this situation get worse?

I plan on becoming more active again. Will becoming fitter improve my situation?

Finally, is there any possibility medical science could improve to such a level that injuries like this could be healed in the future, or will the damage in effect "set" and be permanent if it does not heal over the next few months?

I have been suffering from depression due to this condition, but I refuse to suffer from it any longer. I can still get erections, I can still ejaculate, so I can still have sex. Living your life takes stubbornness, and for all I know this course of events saved me from a car accident or the like. I still have a high IQ, I am still a student and I now see how lucky I was and still am to be living my life.
counterso replied to WonkyWang's response:
I'm conflicted, because the urologist gave you a medication that doesn't seem to jive with what happened.

Medicine hasn't improved dramatically at a pace that would change much about plastic surgery for penises. Even what they can do today is pretty poor.

Treatment for structural injuries can often only be effective when administered early. Your doctor can provide you more advice on what options are available. Call and ask.
WonkyWang replied to counterso's response:
The guy had never heard of Jeqing and will refuse to give me any advice on structural injury. He is a professor in urology as well, but I think he specializes in std's rather than injuries. If you could give me a list of a few common treatments that could be a big help.
WonkyWang replied to WonkyWang's response:
Is there anyway I can describe the symptoms to him, in a way he will have to acknowledge that I have probably done some serious damage and need an ultrasound/surgery?
counterso replied to WonkyWang's response:
There is no surgery. If your urologist hasn't heard of jelqing you can still simply describe what you did and it would be easy to understand the kind of damage that would occur from the specific actions you took.
If you only talked to him on the phone, that's not enough. You need an in-office appointment. And if this urologist is dismissive, pick a different one. There are thousands.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had prostate removed 5 yrs. I have had incontinence every since. I had colligen placed near my bladder two times.No luck. I had mesh sling surgicall...More

Helpful Tips

What is this hard "vein" and swelling on my penis?
Veins in your penis will usually have a blue color, but sometimes you may have what looks like a "vein" appear that wasn't there before, ... More
Was this Helpful?
90 of 180 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.