Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sizing problem with penile implant
keithlen posted:
3 years ago I had prostate CA and decided to have my protate removed. I tried all meds and they did not work. I tried Trimix injections and they worked for 6 months and then caused peyronies disease with an upward curve. I stopped the injections and used a vacuum pump for several months but was not able to sustain an erection. In January 2013 I had the implant surgery. From the beginning I talked about concerns for getting back to my 8 inches and the correct thickness. I offered to show the surgeon a picture of myself prior to cancer but he said he did not need it. Well, last week my urologist showed me how to inflate the device and I am only 2.5 thin inches. I am outraged and upset, yet he tells me there is nothing I can do. I do not know what to do and am looking for advice. PLEASE HELP! Keith

counterso responded:
There is nothing you can do at this point. Your surgeon probably discussed your many options with you beforehand and likely said that you would regain function but that it would be significantly different in sensation and appearance.
The surgery to place the implant is violence against your penis and it will never be like it was before. Sorry to say, your previous penis is in the past and you have chosen a new one with this surgery. A replacement implant is going to be more injury to your penis and may cause even more damage that leaves you dissatisfied in other ways from further complications.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Diagnosed with BXO (balanitis xerotica obliterans) in May 2011. I had a very sever case and had 4 surgeries and was in the hospital for 4 weeks.

Helpful Tips

semen color
last few days i noticed that the color of my semen turned yellowish from white. is it a serious problem More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.