Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Post-Hernia Complications
don1979 posted:
Back in 2010 I had surgery to repair an inguinal hernia on my right side. Occasionally I have pain and sensitivity in that area, but there is a development now that has gotten me concerned.

After sexual activity the other night, the area around my hernia scar began to hurt. It was a dull pain that only faded slowly. After sex again today, the pain has returned and feels to emanate from my right testicle.

I haven't had anything like this in three years. I haven't done any heavy lifting or had any trauma to the region of my hernia scar. Is this normal? Will it go away or is this a serious condition requiring medical attention?

Thank you very much!

counterso responded:
No, it is not normal, and you need to telephone the urologist who did your hernia repair. These things can sometimes require maintenance. And it's very important that you do not wait to report the issue you described here.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Diagnosed with BXO (balanitis xerotica obliterans) in May 2011. I had a very sever case and had 4 surgeries and was in the hospital for 4 weeks.

Helpful Tips

semen color
last few days i noticed that the color of my semen turned yellowish from white. is it a serious problem More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.