Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Incontinence
Anon_166768 posted:
My husband is an alcoholic.

If he has 4+ beers he wets himself in his sleep. He falls asleep everywhere around the house, which makes our house smell like urine.

If he drinks less than 4, it is rare that he will pee in the night. If he has 4+ beers it is rare that he won't pee the bed.

We have a plastic cover on the bed to help protect it, but I can't go around putting plastic on the floors and furniture.

We don't have insurance. In Al-Anon, somebody with a medical background told me that he is having a seizure and wets himself. Is that possible? I don't know what to do.

counterso responded:
It is not likely a seizure, that's only one possible circumstance, and not a likely one.

You do not need insurance to receive medical care. There is no excuse for this behavior.

I understand that it's the furniture wetting you're reporting in the urology forum, so if he's unwilling to wear an adult diaper, you will continue to have this problem until he stops drinking.

I suggest you look for advice in an alcohol abuse forum, since there's nothing a urologist while he's excessively drinking. The cause is known. The answer is also known, stop drinking. If you need help with getting him to stop drinking you'll need professional assistance in that area, but that's not available in the urology forum.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had prostate removed 5 yrs. I have had incontinence every since. I had colligen placed near my bladder two times.No luck. I had mesh sling surgicall...More

Helpful Tips

semen color
last few days i noticed that the color of my semen turned yellowish from white. is it a serious problem More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.