Skip to content
Risk of urine mixing up with sperms, while peeing with erection
An_251690 posted:
Hello,

I have interstitial cystitis/prostatitis. From last few months I am sometimes getting erections during night with a strong urge to pee. My therapist (PT) says its all due to pelvic dysfunction. I get up but thinking that peeing with erection will weaken the muscles, I usually wait for few mins. But holding this pressure, I also feel slight ache in pubic area. PT says that this holding of urine is not like normal hold & can lead to a retrograde action passing little urine into ejaculatory duct/seminal vesicle.

I want to know if there are chances that this way urine can get mix with sperms/semen. Since I have infection in my urine due to IC/Prostatitis, so because of this my PT is suggesting me to go for artificial insemination if we want to plan the child.
I have also read that in IC/Prostatitis there is microbial imbalance which can get passed to spouse an fetus. If someone can confirm this too, I would really appreciate

Thanks

counterso responded:
Almost no men get IC, so let's drop that syndrome and deal with the individual symptoms, which is a much better approach. Prostatitis I would believe, as well as pelvic floor dysfunction.

Your PT is NOT qualified to give any advice on fertility issues.

If you get frequent UTIs, this is a different issue. Hopefully your PT is doing a good job helping you correct the pelvic floor dysfunction, which I suspect is the majority of the issue.

There's no reason you should worry in advance about fertility until you actually have a semen analysis to determine whether you have any fertility issues.

If you're taking any antibiotics, you will not be able to conceive, period.

These are issues to discuss with your urologist. Take them one step at a time. Learn what the situation actually is, then handle one at a time.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Diagnosed with BXO (balanitis xerotica obliterans) in May 2011. I had a very sever case and had 4 surgeries and was in the hospital for 4 weeks.

Helpful Tips

Skin burning in my left waist area at belt level
Does any professional know about a condition with symptoms of skin burning in my left waist area at pants belt level? I have had this for ... More
Was this Helpful?
43 of 64 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.