Skip to content
Hernia
denissr posted:
I am 74 years old, male in good health. On a regular visit to my family Dr., she felt my abdomen, and asked if I knew I had an Hernia. She said it was small or not a major problem. I would like to see some other Dr. to find out if this could be a problem. What kind of Dr. I would I see about an Hernia?

counterso responded:
Your urologist is usually the one who treats a hernia. You cannot leave it unattended. It may not be an emergency now, but it could easily become suddenly. It IS a problem, just not an urgent one today, and it will need to be addressed soon.

denissr replied to counterso's response:
Thank you for your advice. I was pretty sure your answer was correct, that I needed to investagate further. My brother-inlaw liver next door and he has been seeing an urologist that he likes, I will make a appt. soon. Again thanks.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Diagnosed with BXO (balanitis xerotica obliterans) in May 2011. I had a very sever case and had 4 surgeries and was in the hospital for 4 weeks.

Helpful Tips

What is this hard "vein" and swelling on my penis?
Veins in your penis will usually have a blue color, but sometimes you may have what looks like a "vein" appear that wasn't there before, ... More
Was this Helpful?
87 of 177 found this helpful