Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hernia
denissr posted:
I am 74 years old, male in good health. On a regular visit to my family Dr., she felt my abdomen, and asked if I knew I had an Hernia. She said it was small or not a major problem. I would like to see some other Dr. to find out if this could be a problem. What kind of Dr. I would I see about an Hernia?

counterso responded:
Your urologist is usually the one who treats a hernia. You cannot leave it unattended. It may not be an emergency now, but it could easily become suddenly. It IS a problem, just not an urgent one today, and it will need to be addressed soon.

denissr replied to counterso's response:
Thank you for your advice. I was pretty sure your answer was correct, that I needed to investagate further. My brother-inlaw liver next door and he has been seeing an urologist that he likes, I will make a appt. soon. Again thanks.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i am a 25 year old male and i have alot of medical problems.To start with i have rhumatoid arthritis, bulging discs and degenerative disc disease in m...More

Helpful Tips

Skin burning in my left waist area at belt level
Does any professional know about a condition with symptoms of skin burning in my left waist area at pants belt level? I have had this for ... More
Was this Helpful?
43 of 64 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.