Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Small brown pellet underside of penile shaft
An_251865 posted:
I've had a small bump on the underside of my penile shaft near the head for a few years now, and just as I was getting in the shower I noticed it looked like there was a tiny tear in it. As I inspected it, I was actually able to push out a small, brown-tan pellet, maybe 1mm long and sort of cylindrical. This bump has never caused me any pain and it was painless to remove this object. Also, I recall this bump appearing pretty quickly when I first saw it, as in I suddenly felt it one day and it hasn't changed sizes since.

The pellet itself has sort of a waxy look to it, with one end a little darker than the rest of it. Any ideas what this thing is, and how it got there?

counterso responded:
It's probably either a previously irritated hair follicle that calcified. Think of it kind of like a blackhead, and now you've ejected (most of) the core material. So long as it is gone now and the skin does not get infected, it is unlikely to be anything to worry about.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had prostate removed 5 yrs. I have had incontinence every since. I had colligen placed near my bladder two times.No luck. I had mesh sling surgicall...More

Helpful Tips

Skin burning in my left waist area at belt level
Does any professional know about a condition with symptoms of skin burning in my left waist area at pants belt level? I have had this for ... More
Was this Helpful?
43 of 64 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.