Skip to content
Weird Bladder and Back pain
An_252002 posted:
Hello,

I am a 29 year old male, that has always been healthy in my life. For 3 months now I have been experiencing some weird bladder and back pain. It started off in the first two weeks as a bladder sensation that made me want to urinate constantly, plus with a weird tingling sensation at the tip of my penis. Followed by lower back pain. I have been to the ER 3 times because of this weird feeling and they couldn't find anything, from a urine test or cat scan on my bladder. They checked my prostate and from all the tests they found no sign of infection or disorder. I have had an std before an know what it feels like, and this is completely different. They placed me on cephalexin for a week and still I have the same symptoms, only milder. For two months now, I feel a dull ache in my bladder every morning when I urinate and my lower back pain feels it is getting worse. I finally have an appointment with the urologist in a week and I can't wait to get this resolved. Any suggestions on how I should approach this?

D

counterso responded:
No suggestions. You have already made your appointment with the urologist, which is where you should have started (not the E.R.). If you still have questions after the urologist examination, then come back here. Do not allow the doctor to be dismissive.

The antibiotic was a BIG mistake though since you did not have a UTI. Now you need to take a probiotic for a month to restore your immune system.

Never let a doctor give you an antibiotic unless an infection has been found.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had prostate removed 5 yrs. I have had incontinence every since. I had colligen placed near my bladder two times.No luck. I had mesh sling surgicall...More

Helpful Tips

What is this hard "vein" and swelling on my penis?
Veins in your penis will usually have a blue color, but sometimes you may have what looks like a "vein" appear that wasn't there before, ... More
Was this Helpful?
83 of 172 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.