Beady swelling under Penis head
Zaggy posted:
I have had a swelling under the penis head for the last month. When I am active it swells more and is fluffy and not painful. It does not totally disappear when I am not active. It hurts when I press it and feels like it has beads in it.

vikvaughn responded:
Hi Zaggy,
check out this link:
This is most likely sclerosing lymphangitis, and for that you have come to the right place, for good info.

http://forums.webmd.com/3/urology/tip/1/90

99% chance this is what you have, at least from the sounds of the symptoms.
Just curious, does it only hurt when you press the "beaded part", verses the fluffy inflamed part?
That is what I am experiencing.
At the same time DO NOT press on it at all, it will only make it worse, I'm more sure of that than anything else in life.

I think we may be seeing a trend. people with the hard, grainy/beaded swollen "node" experience pain at that spot, while people with the classic puffy inflamed lymph channel do not experience pain.
I also think these swollen nodes are what make this condition impossible to go away if you keep irritating the area, while people with just the puffy lymph channel can get away with continued irritation and report full quick resolution in many places on the net. Not that that is a wise idea.

counterso replied to vikvaughn's response:
It does sounds like an inflammatory response, however it does not have the standard characteristics of lymphangitis. The "beads" felt may be normal structures of the penis that seem unusual or disconnected simply because the tissue is swollen (think edema, not lymphangitis).

This type of swelling (edema) can be an indication of possible cardiac problems, however I don't have enough information about your overall health (age, weight, medications, etc.) to really guess very accurately.

It is something to notice and pay attention to, but without additional information it's not possible to arrive at a more accurate assessment.

Zaggy replied to vikvaughn's response:
Thanks Vikvaughn.

Zaggy replied to counterso's response:
Thanks Counterso.