Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Penis Pain, Not an STD or UTI, possibly yeast?
    nickbusc posted:
    I have been having this pain at the tip of my penis (inside) the end of my urethra for 4 months now. it was thought to be an std or uti, but i got tested for everything under then sun no std no cultures grew from urine, i did have protein in my urine and leukocytes, and got put on antibiotics for the possible uti, and no luck. 4 months ago this was accompanied by skin itching under armpits scalp and penis, pain in my mid-upper right side, major fatigue, Headache, food sensitivity, major anxiety and mood swings, stomach trouble. i was then put on diflucan single dose and the the symptoms left completely for about a week then came back full fledge. about two months ago i was advised to take diflucan twice 3 days apart. which only seemed to make things worse, now another two months later, urine tested again, still protein, no leukocytes this time. i am being recomended to use clatrimazole cream topically, and take a 1 week course of diflucan, (which i am reluctant to do a week on diflucan from all the bad things ive heard about it doing to your liver) also recently i TMI i know... took a flashlight and looked inside my meatus (pee hole) and saw the skin on the inside was turning a white color about 1 cm down inside from the opening. it wasnt discharge, just the skin itself on the inside was turning white like a Canker Sore. I am scheduled to see a urologist next week, but the pain is making it hard for me to work, its a sharp stinging pain at the tip of my penis that is worse after peeing or ejaculation. any advice in the mean time before i go to the Urologist would be great. also kinda scared once i go there that they are going to want to stick a camera up there (Owch)
    counterso responded:
    It does not sound like a yeast infection as much as it sounds like a parasite or allergy. When you have skin sensitivity on tender areas like your inside elbow, armpit, groin, and tip of penis, this is often an allergic reaction. The allergy can be to food, laundry detergent, or something else, even the toxins from a parasitic infection. It's too bad you've let this go on for so long without more investigation. Make sure you have these possibilities checked promptly.
    notsosureanymore responded:
    Hi Nick, I'd really appreciate it if you could get in touch, I have theses symptoms down to a t and cant find the cause.

    Have you found a solution? really suffering here! Thanks
    counterso replied to notsosureanymore's response:
    Notsosure, you need to see a doctor. The guessing game is not a good way to resolve it.
    hard2handle responded:
    so what did it turn out being. i have exact same thing for last 7 months. havent checked inside yet. nobody can figure it out. help.pllleasea!


    wolfcat87 responded:
    Hi hon. My husband had the same issue. We were sure it was not STD related, so he went to a doc who tried to claim it was likely chlamydia. I knew this to be false, so we had him tested anyways and the doc was stumped after running many tests. A urologist even stuck a camera up there and only noticed a small tear near an internal area. He said that should not have caused the issue. I had an ex with the same issue. His docs tried to claim STD as well even though I was tested regularly and no test was ever done there.

    My husband finally spoke to his father who informed him that he has the same issue any time he eats anything acidic. My husband notices it strongly as well after sodas and the like. Very frustrating that such a common illness is misdiagnosed and ignored by the medical community. Apparently, the issue at hand is much more common in women, but nearly never diagnosed in men. My mother in law is a nurse. They know what the name of it is, but we don't remember. Kind of an awkward conversation to bring up again. lol.

    Best wishes. Just watch your diet. My husband says that drinking lots of water and avoiding foods that cause this speeds up healing. Takes about 1-2 weeks for him to heal up each time.
    wolfcat87 responded:
    BTW, my post was just addressing the penile issues. The other issues are quite different and may be unrelated. Nothing white was inside of his. If you had a different issue diagnosed, please tell.
    jgtxking responded:
    Hello I have the exact same thing going on can you please help??
    jgtxking replied to wolfcat87's response:
    Can you please ask it will help so many of us here? Please don't be shy its really not a big deal to ask but it is for us hurting and not knowing what this is or how to treat it.
    counterso replied to jgtxking's response:

    An uncommon allergy can trigger a burning sensation when certain foods or beverages are consumed. Often such people complain about pain during urination after drinking alcohol. It can get more specific to only certain foods or beverages.

    Allergy elimination tests are easy to conduct yourself.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    I had prostate removed 5 yrs. I have had incontinence every since. I had colligen placed near my bladder two times.No luck. I had mesh sling surgicall...More

    Helpful Tips

    Pain in Manhood
    I been to hospitals and clinics for the treatment and said Gonorrhea and just the last one i have visited said Urethritis. I have been ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.