Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pea sized ball
An_252640 posted:
Hello, I am 30 years old and have had a small, pea-sized ball in my penis about an inch from the base a little right of center, been there since I was younger. If I try to squeeze it its rock hard. It hasn't gotten any bigger or smaller, no problems with urination and std isn't a concern but I bring it up because I've had lower back problems lately and I feel a slight tinge through it while getting a slight pain down a leg. I've been going to a neurologist for the back and brought the small ball up with him and he touched it and said it was probably a blood vessel but that it wasn't his specialty. Any ideas what this little thing could be?

vikvaughn responded:
It sounds like a cyst. I had one as well on my penis and had it removed, when I got circumcised. It was also there as long as I remember and rock hard.

MNamely replied to vikvaughn's response:
Hey, thanks for the reply. Was it on the inside though, this is?

vikvaughn replied to MNamely's response:
yeah, it was underneath the skin. If that's what you mean.

counterso responded:
What you are referring to as a pea-sized ball under the skin is most likely either an ingrown hair or a small cyst related to a hair follicle. Leaving a cyst under your skin for a long time can also cause it to calcify and become permanent, which it sounds like yours has. That does not disconnect it from the other structures that used to feed it, so you can still feel sensations attached to it.

You can see a dermatologist if you'd like someone to take care of it.

An_252640 replied to counterso's response:
Thank you for the reply. It's not on the surface or just under the skin. It's inside about in the center. I can't see or feel it unless I squeeze there. Same thing?

counterso replied to An_252640's response:
Yes. It would be different on the surface. I was aware of its location when making an assessment.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had prostate removed 5 yrs. I have had incontinence every since. I had colligen placed near my bladder two times.No luck. I had mesh sling surgicall...More

Helpful Tips

semen color
last few days i noticed that the color of my semen turned yellowish from white. is it a serious problem More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.