Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Never experienced an orgasm or sexual pleasure
duskx posted:
Hello, I'm a 22 year old male and have never experienced an orgasm or any semblance of sexual pleasure in my life. Since the first time masturbating at the age of 13 I felt zero pleasure during the process and nothing at all when I ejaculated. There was never a feeling of buildup that people describe. It feels no different than rubbing my arm. I visited a urologist for the first time last month and he had no answers. I've tried many different treatments with no success, this includes countless supplements such as zinc, L-arginine, horny goat weed, L-dopa, L-histidine, L-tyrosine, GABA, yohimbe and more. I've also used a TENS unit to try electrical stimulation with no sensation. This leads me to believe I have extreme nerve damage in penis originating in childhood or even birth because the TENS unit does provide electrical sensations when I apply it to other parts of my body. My glans however is does have sensation when I touch it, just not the rest of my penis.

I had a lab done recently and the results showed my testosterone levels to be above average which only adds to the mystery. I have a masculine appearance. I'm very healthy with quite a bit of muscle mass so you would never expect me to have this condition by looking at me. I'm able to become aroused and get an erection but I can't maintain it during sex because there's no physical sensation or pleasure to keep it up. When I ejaculate there is no feeling of release or satisfaction. I feel like I would do anything in order to feel sexual pleasure. I've contemplated suicide numerous times because of how much this condition detracts from my quality of life.

counterso responded:
Your experimentation with supplements and electro-stimulation are not surprisingly unremarkable. There's nothing about any of those you named that should benefit your sexual pleasure.

Testosterone is not the controlling factor for sexual pleasure or stimulation. It is only one of a dozen factors, and a fairly minor one at that. It is more closely related to libido than anything else.

First, you need to visit a urologist to determine that there is nothing physically wrong with your sex organs. If that is the case, then you should second visit a neurologist to determine that there is nothing wrong with the nerve receptors. I assume the second is already determined to be normal because you CAN achieve an erection, you just aren't maintaining one. This means that there is a nervous response, just not a sustained stimulation.

So, the last visit would be to a psychologist who can assess whether there are anxiety or belief issues that are thwarting the interpretation of pleasure that is usually associated with penile stimulation.

On a related note, it would be wise to ask if you find pleasure in any other kind of stimulation, such as kissing, sexual touching of other body parts, etcetera. If you do find pleasure from other body areas, then we would return focus to your genitals, and try again to determine what is not making the connection there.

Since you have already visited a urologist who did not find anything structurally wrong, the next step would be to see the neurologist and then psychologist. Clearly there is something going on that makes your stimulation response different from what would be expected. Continue to approach more doctors if the first ones you visit do not provide answers. And ask them specifically for speculation on what kind of investigation would be fruitful if they are not personally able to offer an avenue towards an answer.

Good luck. I'm sure it is frustrating, but lack of sex does not rise to the level of a suicidal threat. Sexual stimulation is enjoyable, but there are millions of other activities that are fulfilling. Sex is never a requirement in life, just an added pleasure. Don't make it so important. That you have suicidal thoughts about it also means you must make a point of seeing a psychologist so you aren't so troubled by this inconvenience. How could you possibly know what sexual stimulation would add to your life if you haven't experienced it. You're making an awfully big leap to say that you've lost something whose value is unmeasured since you haven't had it in the first place to know what it adds.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had prostate removed 5 yrs. I have had incontinence every since. I had colligen placed near my bladder two times.No luck. I had mesh sling surgicall...More

Helpful Tips

semen color
last few days i noticed that the color of my semen turned yellowish from white. is it a serious problem More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.