Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Possible lymphocele or Sclerosing lymphangitis
    ballah12 posted:
    Hi, about 2 weeks ago i woke up and felt pain while urinating. i left it alone and started drinking alot of water hoping it was a mild Urinary Track Infection. the pain got worse my entire shaft was in pain every time i urinated, i eventually went to the doctor, she looked at my penis, did a urine analysis and sent me for blood test, every thin come back ok, there is no sign of an infection. She proscribed Azithromycin 4 tablet one dose (start). It made no difference.
    After all this i began looking at my penis in detail and realized that there is a lump like soft swollen area on the left side just under the head. and there is discomfort all the time from it. it differentially looks like a Sclerosing lymphangitis, my concern is that it hurts badly when i urinate in the area under the lump... i saw no other person suffering from this condition reporting pain while urinating.
    What do you think?
    Also how effective is the Cream by Golden Sunshine?
    do you think i should buy it?

    Also my penis had the normal top hole however there is another opening at the bottom of the head closer to the base of the head which i urinate from, i was born this way, have you ever heard of any one with a penis like that?

    vikvaughn responded:
    Hi,Your pee hole question sounds like a condition called hypospadias, google that.

    In regards to your first question about the lump and painful urination, as Counterso will tell you, you should be going to a urologist to get that checked instead of a general practitioner doctor as the latter knows little to nothing about penis/urological problems. And the way you describe the pain I wouldn't waste any time. And if the pain is bad I wouldn't think twice about going to the ER. better safe than sorry. I really don't think that cream will do anything for you at this point, I've used it and it doesn't do much for me. It may work for VERY mild cases. In any case don't think about creams until you know what's going on.

    Is the lump painful/tender/uncomfortable to touch?
    How would you describe the pain while urinating?

    I think you already know this but just don't have sex/masturbate, in the meantime until this is sorted out.
    ballah12 replied to vikvaughn's response:
    Hi, Thanks alot for your response. Firstly the general practitioner did not know of hypospadias so you are right.

    Thank you so much i will research hypospadias. just to let you know my case i think is mild cause its just bellow the main hole with a thin peace of skin separating the two holes.
    no trouble with erections or abnormal foreskin.
    What do you think.

    Now from the date of my post to now i did not have sex or masturbated and the pain while urinating stopped from yesterday (with out taking any medications). and the lump is noticeably smaller.
    the lump is not painful when i touch it firmly however its like a mild discomfort all the time .... like ok something is there.

    all the progress just suddenly happened yesterday..

    What do you think this was??
    counterso replied to ballah12's response:
    Hypospadia comes in many different degrees of severity. It's usually not surgically corrected unless it becomes a problem for urination. It's common, although not exactly normal, and shameful that any doctor in your whole life had not called it out to you, especially your pediatrician way back when.

    Your incident does not sound like lymphangitis. As far as what it actually is/was, I'm not at all clear. This is one where visual inspection by a urologist would provide a quick answer and a description fails to identify it distinctly.

    On a separate note, there is nothing that will cure a UTI except an antibiotic, and in men, UTIs are always considered immediately life-threatening. That said, I'm very glad your GP tested before assigning you an antibiotic, but very disappointed that you were given an antibiotic with no sign of infection. Please take a probiotic to restore the damage done by the antibiotic to your immune system.

    Please also follow up with a urologist if the condition has not completely subsided within a week. You may want to see a urologist anyway to discuss the hypospadias that seems new to your vocabulary. They can educate you further in light of your exact deformation and give you some idea of what kinds of issues to watch out for in future, related to your specific circumstance.
    ballah12 replied to counterso's response:
    Thank you very much for your knowledge and help, i will take your advice and update you with any change.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    Diagnosed with BXO (balanitis xerotica obliterans) in May 2011. I had a very sever case and had 4 surgeries and was in the hospital for 4 weeks.

    Helpful Tips

    Regarding erectile pain.
    I was experiencing pain when I had erections. It was like a muscle strain sort of feeling. I was concerned until I figured out why I was ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 1 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.