Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Cant sleep due to constant urination
meder posted:
As of right now, it is 4:20 am I usually go to bed at around 1 am. My problem is I cant go to sleep because of a constant urge to pee. Whats unusual is that instead of peeing large amounts all at once. My body seems to be producing small amounts of pee and promoting me to go pee it out as soon as it happens. This issue began yesterday, when I drank about half a liter of water right before going to bed( I was really thirsty) in an effort to get rid of the pee I ended up peeing frequently and now my body seems to have adjusted to that pattern.

I live in a household with many small children, that make a great deal of noise. So if I cant reverse these urination pattern's I fear I wont be able to sleep at all. Please someone help!

counterso responded:
This is called urgency and frequency. You need to see a urologist to determine whether this is caused by something physical, such as an enlarged prostate (assuming you're male), or if you have anxiety issues triggering the symptoms. It may be a combination of both, and certainly a life changing event like many small children is enough to trigger an anxiety response. Fear about the situation will only cause it to persist, as that's another source of anxiety.

Spotlight: Member Stories

65 years young and just trying to do the right thing. At my age I just can't afford any mistakes.

Helpful Tips

Regarding erectile pain.
I was experiencing pain when I had erections. It was like a muscle strain sort of feeling. I was concerned until I figured out why I was ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.