Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Sharp pains in penal area
    yola_92 posted:
    Hi I'm 21 just recently starting I've been experiencing a piercing type pain that shoots through my penis and scrotum area and it's very discomforting I'm 100% certain it isn't a std of any sort , at this moment I'm in a sitting position and the it's mildly painful but still really uncomfortable , I believe it may be kidney stones or something because it doesn't burn when I urinate , theirs no swelling or redness , everything's fine when having sexual activity and etc , it's just and uncomfortable pain that shoots around and I'm starting to worry , and ideas of what it may be , someone give me answers please
    vikvaughn responded:
    Hey man, How long has this been happening?
    you should be going to the doctor for that ASAP, it could be something serious that needs prompt medical examination.
    It could also be caused by muscle/nerve problem called Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome

    Either way, you should go to the doctor (a urologist) and get this checked out. Don't put it off.
    counterso responded:
    Most likely it has to do with one of two things, either kidney stone formation like you suggested, or there may be a small tear in your urethra that is sending shooting pain signals.

    Either way, Vik is correct and you should see a urologist promptly. Any kind of penis/scrotum pain is considered an emergency, and you should not wait, even if it turns out to be not serious.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    65 years young and just trying to do the right thing. At my age I just can't afford any mistakes.

    Helpful Tips

    penis vibration mostly cured
    Just want to thank everyone for their posts. I thought I was dying. Maybe I had brain, spinal, or penile cancer. Reading your posts I ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 1 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.