Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sharp pains in penal area
yola_92 posted:
Hi I'm 21 just recently starting I've been experiencing a piercing type pain that shoots through my penis and scrotum area and it's very discomforting I'm 100% certain it isn't a std of any sort , at this moment I'm in a sitting position and the it's mildly painful but still really uncomfortable , I believe it may be kidney stones or something because it doesn't burn when I urinate , theirs no swelling or redness , everything's fine when having sexual activity and etc , it's just and uncomfortable pain that shoots around and I'm starting to worry , and ideas of what it may be , someone give me answers please

vikvaughn responded:
Hey man, How long has this been happening?
you should be going to the doctor for that ASAP, it could be something serious that needs prompt medical examination.
It could also be caused by muscle/nerve problem called Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome
http://www.chronicprostatitis.com/

Either way, you should go to the doctor (a urologist) and get this checked out. Don't put it off.

counterso responded:
Yola,
Most likely it has to do with one of two things, either kidney stone formation like you suggested, or there may be a small tear in your urethra that is sending shooting pain signals.

Either way, Vik is correct and you should see a urologist promptly. Any kind of penis/scrotum pain is considered an emergency, and you should not wait, even if it turns out to be not serious.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had prostate removed 5 yrs. I have had incontinence every since. I had colligen placed near my bladder two times.No luck. I had mesh sling surgicall...More

Helpful Tips

Skin burning in my left waist area at belt level
Does any professional know about a condition with symptoms of skin burning in my left waist area at pants belt level? I have had this for ... More
Was this Helpful?
43 of 64 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.