Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Irritated foreskin
casey_c posted:
Hi! I've noticed that some parts on my foreskin are red and irritated for the past 2 weeks and it gets a bit worse after masturbation. It's like the veins are really visible and the skin very thin. I only see it when I pull the skin back, it's on the inside part. I've never had sex before so it can't be an STD. There is no itchiness, pain or burning sensation, actually I feel nothing different, it's only the redness appearance. I stopped masturbating for 7 days now but it doesn't seem to get a lot better. It started after a night in which I masturbated over 3 times and I thought it would heal with time but it didn't. [br>[br>Does anyone know what it could be or if I should just wait longer for it to heal?

counterso responded:
First, yes, you should wait longer for it to heal.
Second, you may have a yeast infection which has blossomed because you have weakened the area from overuse. Try some OTC cream for yeast infections and see if this helps within a week.
Do NOT put antibiotic cream on it.

Your penis is built for 20 minutes of lubricated moderate activity a couple times a week. It cannot withstand the abuse of three masturbation sessions in a day without consequences being very likely. So, that's a hint that if you're masturbating without lubrication or too often, you need to respect your penis more and treat it kindly.

casey_c replied to counterso's response:
Thanks for the reply! I'll try that and see if it works!

casey_c replied to casey_c's response:
I've been using the cream for yeast infection for 4 days now and it doesn't seem to be healed. Today it's been 2 weeks since I last masturbated, so it should have improved by now, right?
Sometimes it looks okay but then it gets red again, usually when I wake up, I don't know if it's related to the fact that I get an erection throughout the night but there's no way to avoid it. I also don't know if it's possible that the skin has a different coloration now, but I don't think that's likely, is it?
Anyway, I called a urologist to set up an appointment but the only problem is that it's 3 weeks from now so I'm a little bit concerned now.

counterso responded:
3 weeks is too long to wait for an appointment. You may also see a dermatologist. You should see improvement from a yeast infection cream within whatever time frame it says on the product label (often 7 days). It may not be a yeast infection and instead be a fungal infection, or something else. Skin is skin. Fungus can change skin color, so can a skin infection. It could also be an allergic reaction, particularly if you are using a new bath soap, laundry detergent, shampoo, etc.

casey_c replied to counterso's response:
hi! I've paid for a private doctor and I got an appointment this morning. He said it's nothing to worry about, just that the skin is very sensitive and that may happen. Also because I'm uncircumcised and the area may get wet frequently. He prescribed an ointment and it's already getting better and if this thing keeps bothering me for too long I may opt to have surgery, which I don't think will be necessary. Anyway, thanks for your answers!

Spotlight: Member Stories

65 years young and just trying to do the right thing. At my age I just can't afford any mistakes.

Helpful Tips

semen color
last few days i noticed that the color of my semen turned yellowish from white. is it a serious problem More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.