Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pelvic Muscle Damage
gabe92 posted:
Thanks for reading my about my issues. I have been dealing with this for a long time and would like to find a solution to my problem. Eighteen years ago I damaged something in my pelvic region causing the below symptoms. This happened all at once. One day I masturbated, everything was fine. They next day, the symptoms were present.
  • No movement of my flaccid penis when I flex my pelvic muscles
  • Very, very weak movement in my penis felt when I pull my flaccid penis and then flex my pelvic muscles
  • Inability to squirt urine out of penis when I am done urinating. I have to shake it out or squeeze it out with my fingers. Otherwise, it just leaks out after I zip up.
  • Semen just leaks out during ejaculation. If I am masturbating, I can forcefully squirt it out if I compress my penis in rhythm with my contractions.
  • I have no erection issues. I can get as hard as I ever could, as often as I want. I am thankful that this is not a problem too!
When I first noticed the symptoms, I assumed that I just over masturbated and that things would heal with time. They never did. About six months later I went to see a urologist about the problem. He did some STD tests, which came back negative (I hadn't had sex in a while so I knew that they would). After that, he said that the problem was in my head. I didn't believe him, but was too embarrassed to push the issue or go to another urologist. I have been dealing with the issue ever since.
My thoughts — I have damaged (detached?) either or both of the Bulbospongiosus and/or the Ischiocavernosus muscles. Is this possible? If so, can it be fixed? I would love to feel the normal ejaculation sensation during sex and to empty my urethra after urination again. I have tried Kegal exercises in case I just weakened the muscles. They didn't help. I didn't think this was the issue anyway since this the symptoms were acute.

counterso responded:
I'm sorry, this is not something that can be addressed here. You need to be under the care of a urologist because it requires examination to determine the cause of the issue. At the point that this has been 18 years since the issue began, there may no longer be anything to do about it. Most injuries, if that's what happened, can only be reconciled when promptly addressed. Your embarrassment must be set aside. The urologist certainly is not embarrassed, and if they conducted an STD test, it sounds like you did not describe your issue in a productive way, because clearly they misunderstood what you were reporting.

The muscles that control ejaculatory force are also backed up by valves that prevent seminal fluid from going backwards into the bladder. If you masturbate and then clamp down on your penis to prevent ejaculation, you can build up enough pressure to permanently break these valves, and your ejaculation will change from a squirt to a dribble because it has no backstop anymore. This is not repairable if it is what happened.

As far as ending urine flow, you are not supposed to clench your kegel muscles to terminate the last bit of urination. You are supposed to bear down with the same muscles that would expel a fart or push a bowel movement. The sphincter muscle that controls urine flow is mis-trained if you squeeze to squirt instead of bear down.

As for moving your penis with the suspensory ligament, this is not likely an issue of medical concern. Not everyone has the same musculature to offer that kind of movement. If this was a sudden change for you, it should have been addressed at the time, and at this point may not be changeable.

gabe92 replied to counterso's response:
Thanks so much for your reply. I see if I can find a good urologist in the area.

vmorin1 responded:
Hi gabe, I also have the same problem. It happened in my early masturbation days. I remember that I was being too ruff with my penis on one my left side when I felt something let go. I knew I had detached something but I didn't really feel any pain during or after, I just remember that I stopped masturbating for that night right after it happened. I noticed that I have lost all connection or restrain from my left side, I could still have an erection but it would only pull on one side. Luckily my penis was still relatively strain even thought that happened, but time past on and it seems that the left side even though detached also deformed from its strait ways. No one would notice but I see the gradual change. it's kinda of like the left side is getting more and more sloppy and doesn't hold it's charge in blood making it very hard for me to have an erection. I should of dealt with it when it just happened but you know how it can be, when your young everything seems to fix itself. As I grew older, I could still have the erection but it was growing weaker in unnoticeable increments till I finally noticed.
I'm very curious in your findings to see if there is any solution to our problem?.....I'm sure my left ischiocavernosus muscle is detached...it's been almost 20 years. yikes! is the muscle even still there? obviously exercise will not work, I have tried many over the years and nothing is nothing. My anus retracts just fine but when it comes to the front, I feel nothing. Is surgery even an option?

gabe92 replied to vmorin1's response:
Thanks for the reply vmorin1. No, I haven't found a solution. In my case, my erections are not affected. The are as strong as ever. However, I worry that this damage will affect my erections as I grow older.

counterso replied to vmorin1's response:
vmorin1,
Muscles generally do not detach without serious consequences. You might tear a ligament however, and that can change the behavior of whatever it was attached to either by lengthening the connection or distorting the attachment leverage. After 20 years it's not going to change, and whatever may have been damaged was likely only repairable at the time the injury occurred. If you want a further evaluation of the situation you will need to see a urologist to examine your exact situation and make an individual determination of what's going on.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i am a 25 year old male and i have alot of medical problems.To start with i have rhumatoid arthritis, bulging discs and degenerative disc disease in m...More

Helpful Tips

Regarding erectile pain.
I was experiencing pain when I had erections. It was like a muscle strain sort of feeling. I was concerned until I figured out why I was ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.