Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Small hard sediment like lump in the vein of my penis
covo27 posted:
Hi There.

About 3-4 days ago I noticed a small lump in the vein about a 1 cm below the head of my penis (on the shaft). I was looking at one of the other discussion but I'm not quiet sure if its the same thing I have.

The lump looks a bit like its a small clog in the vein, (not the large vein going through the middle but a smaller one that connects to it). It is hard/solid to the touch and moves around slightly with the vein when manipulated. There is no pain to it and the only time it is irritating (not very) is when I'm not doing anything and start thinking about it. Does anyone know what this may be, and what kind of treatments there are?

Cheers

counterso responded:
It sounds like a varicose vein. If so, there really aren't any treatments. It may or may not be a medical concern. If the lump is hard, it's something else. You will need to see a urologist to make an actual inspection or diagnosis.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Diagnosed with BXO (balanitis xerotica obliterans) in May 2011. I had a very sever case and had 4 surgeries and was in the hospital for 4 weeks.

Helpful Tips

Skin burning in my left waist area at belt level
Does any professional know about a condition with symptoms of skin burning in my left waist area at pants belt level? I have had this for ... More
Was this Helpful?
43 of 64 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.