Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Discomfort after TURP
An_257015 posted:
Hi I'm 34, is been a month since I have the TURP procedure, I think I'm having spasms but I'm not sure. I had a catheter for one week. While I had the catheter I was having erections every night and during the day the last 2 days which caused me an horrible pain that didn't let me sleep for the whole week, now one month later I'm having kind of the same type of pain, and I'm also having pain when I move my penis in a certain position. I feel like I'm damaged, I haven't had sex I just masturbarte a couple of times the whole month, which make me notice that I have a really small bump (almost the size of a couscous) in my penis, the bump is been there and doesn't go away. I'm I having spasms? And what that bump can be? Thanks

counterso responded:
These are questions for the surgeon who performed the procedure. You should be reporting your discomfort, pains, problems, and the little bump to him as they occur. One month is barely any time to recover from majorly traumatic surgery like TURP. Call the urologist's office and report your troubles today. It doesn't require an appointment, a phone call is sufficient.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i am a 25 year old male and i have alot of medical problems.To start with i have rhumatoid arthritis, bulging discs and degenerative disc disease in m...More

Helpful Tips

semen color
last few days i noticed that the color of my semen turned yellowish from white. is it a serious problem More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.