Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Small bumps under shaft of penis
    jeffn77 posted:
    Hey, I've only gotten oral before without a condom this was about 4-5 months ago. I've recently noticed some small bumps underneath my penis shaft. It's NOT pearly penile papules because I've had those and had them removed, that those were around the head of the penis. I've used clearasil on my shaft (bad idea) before I noticed these bumps. Could it be a reaction? I'm not sure how long I've had these small bumps, they are really tiny and I have to really look to see them but you can feel them when I'm fully erected. I'm not sure what it could be? Ingrown hair? I do shave down there, and actually shaved down there recently before seeing these bumps. They are just under the penis (up from the testicles, that side). There is none on my testicles however. What could this be?
    jeffn77 responded:
    I also don't think they are fordyce spots, because I do have those aswell I think, but these bumps are alittle different.
    counterso responded:
    Please look at the LINKS reference section for a review of the most common bumps/spots on penises.

    Shaving could certainly do it. Clearasil is not appropriate and will burn such sensitive skin.

    Clogged or irritated hair follicles are usually treated with shampoo containing coal tar (such as T-Gel).

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    65 years young and just trying to do the right thing. At my age I just can't afford any mistakes.

    Helpful Tips

    Pain in Manhood
    I been to hospitals and clinics for the treatment and said Gonorrhea and just the last one i have visited said Urethritis. I have been ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.