Skip to content
Seeking patients who have undergone outpatient surgery
cmssurgerymeasure posted:
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has contracted with the Yale New Haven Health Services Corporation — Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation (CORE) to develop a quality measure of hospital visits following outpatient surgery.

CORE is seeking patients aged 65 years and older who have undergone surgery in the outpatient setting to join its national expert panel. Patients will be able to share their experiences and give their opinions to inform the development of the quality measure. CORE will hold two to three 90-minute teleconference meetings between May and August 2014.

If you would like to be considered for the panel, please visit: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/MMS/TechnicalExpertPanels.html and download the "CORE Surgery Msr_TEP" documents at the bottom of the page. Please complete the nomination form and submit it along with a statement of interest no later than close of business on May 14, 2014, Eastern Time.

The nomination form and statement of interest may be submitted in hard copy (to Julia Montague at the address below), faxed (203-764-5653), or emailed (CMSambulatorysurgerymeasure@yale.edu ). Once the nomination process is complete, CORE will choose 10-15 members for the panel, including 2-3 patients.

If you know of a patient who may be interested, please send this information to that individual.

Please contact Julia Montague (CMSambulatorysurgerymeasure@yale.edu or 203-764-5700) with any questions.

Mailing address:

Yale New Haven Health Services Corporation — Center for Outcomes Research & Evaluation (CORE)
1 Church Street, Suite 200
New Haven, CT 06510-3330

Spotlight: Member Stories

Diagnosed with BXO (balanitis xerotica obliterans) in May 2011. I had a very sever case and had 4 surgeries and was in the hospital for 4 weeks.

Helpful Tips

Skin burning in my left waist area at belt level
Does any professional know about a condition with symptoms of skin burning in my left waist area at pants belt level? I have had this for ... More
Was this Helpful?
43 of 64 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.