Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Rotator culf surgery 'post'
An_255522 posted:
I'm 62 years old, and have had extensive sholder surgery.......it has been just over three weeks. On my second visit to Physical theraphy....the theraphysis pulled so hard on my arm that something snapped inside.......the pain was so bad I through I was going to pass out! She didn't stop, she kept on pulling!!! I had to skip my next visit, the pain is still real bad. Pain medicine was taken before and after PT.......It didn't help much!
My question is: Is the theraphysis pushing too hard.......My sholder can not take this again!!!! I have been doing my exercises regularly....and they do seem to help.......I know that you have to push it but this is crazy!!! Sorry for my spelling, but when you hurt this much, you just don't care!

atti_editor responded:
Hello,

I hope that your arm is feeling better at this time, and I am glad that you have continued to do your exercises regularly -- rehab is a very important part of a successful recovery from rotator cuff surgery. If you are still seeing this PT and she is still causing you pain, I suggest that you tell her exactly what is happening and ask if what you are feeling is normal. This article says that your PT should help you with gentle stretching (from what you described your PT was not gentle) and strengthening exercises.

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.