Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pain in upper right abdomen.
dylan789 posted:
I kind of have a little back story to all of this so bear with me lol. About two months ago my father passed away and of course my stress level has been through the roof, ever since then I had pains all over different parts of my body. I concluded it was from stress. Last week I was in the hospital for what I thought was a heart attack but ended up being a panic attack. That is the story now for the last 3 days or so I have been having mild pains in my upper right abdomen, that sometimes go into my back and sometimes the pain is gone completely and then it will come back. I have anxiety and of course that makes me panic and think its something horrible but I am worried it might be my gallbladder, or a stuck gallstone. Other than that I have no other symptoms. I do not have insurance (working on getting it as we speak.) so I can't just go have it checked. I don't know what this pain is and I don't know if I should go to the hospital or not, they made no mention of gallstones when they took x-rays but never the less this pain is bothering me. So I really don't know if it is stress related or something else. So I guess my question is should I go to the hospital or wait it out and see what happens? Thanks so much for reading this

autumninca responded:
Dylan789,
I have suffered from extreme stress/anxiety for many years after the murder of a good friend. The first episode was the worst with strange sensations, pain in different parts of the body, seeing migraine-like lights in my field of vision, loosing my memory for short periods and much more. Through it all, I saw Doctors and sought counceling but was so afraid of losing control that I wouldn't agree to try any medication for this problem. My point is that pain can be caused by stress in even the most normal of us.
You should see a Doctor now to rule out any physical causes of your pain. If there turn out to be none, don't be afraid to see someone you can talk to. This could help you a great deal, it did me. I eventually tried the drug Zoloft which started helping after a couple of weeks. My anxiety diminished my panicky thoughts became less immobilizing and so did the physical pains.
I hope this will help you to know you are not the only one this has happened to and that there is hope for you to feel well again.
Good luck, Heidi

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.