Skip to content
SXYMAMMA08 posted:
i think my husband has a yeast infection he says he feels like he has to pee and he cant im at a loss can anyone help?
Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and welcome,

Sounds like he needs to see the doctor. This could be symptoms of a few things so he needs to follow up with the doctor.

WebMD has a Symptom Checker that might help, but bottom line is he needs to his doctor.

Best of health to you both,
WebMD Community Staff
susiemargaret responded:
hello, S --

are you aware that many people get a yeast infection after they take antibiotics? has your husband been on an antibiotics regime any time lately?

for women, the most common solution -- or, at least, my most common solution -- is an over-the-counter med (no prescription needed) called monistat. however, this is a vaginal suppository, so that won't work for your husband! however, there may be other forms of this med or of others that are designed more specifically for men. try asking your pharmacist about over-the-counter meds for yeast infections in men.

you or he might also want to take a look, or post, at --

-- the "urology" exchange here -- , or

-- or the "man-to-man topics" exchange -- .

despite these other resources, tho, i agree with chris that your husband really needs to see a dr to get this figured out for certain. please keep us posted on how you and he are doing.

-- susie margaret

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.