Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Scapula Pain
    kep1989 posted:
    About seven years ago I took an awkward fall and landed with an uneven amount of weight towards my right shoulder. Immediately upon impact I felt/heard a pop in my shoulder blade area and experienced the worst pain I had ever felt. It felt like I was being pierce from my chest all the way through to my back.

    Unfortunately and regretfully, I didn't seek help at the time. Now, years later I finally saw an orthopedic doctor who sent me to physical therapy, but beyond that I haven't been given any answers. Pain is daily, and often without any activity. I experience different types of pain, from stabbing to a dull ache. Sometimes with the stabbing pain I can move and stretch a certain way, which causes my shoulder blade to pop. This temporarily alleviates the pain.

    When I went to the doctor they took x-rays and did a couple of tests that required me to move in certain ways. They haven't really given me any answers of what I could have done, and the physical therapy hasn't really done much after six weeks. Is there any way to find out exactly what I did even though it has been seven years?
    rohvannyn responded:
    I wonder if one of the joints was dislocated or seperated? Sometimes that can heal but in an improper position, causing dysfunction and pain. Your doctors may not have an answer but you deserve at least a conversation about it. You and your insurance are paying them enough, so call them up and ask what they think about it and don't quit until you get some kind of an answer.

    Helpful Tips

    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Helpful Resources

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.