Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
MTHFR - Positive for two copies of A1298C mutation
An_258312 posted:

Dear readers,
I'm keeping my identity anonymous for personal reasons. I was diagnosed with MTHFR - Positive for two copies of A1298C mutation. I'm turned vegetarian ans usually try to maintain healthy consume healthy food and lead a healthy lifestyle. Although depression and anxiety had been a biggest issue throughout my life.I had been underweight all my life but now caring normal weight. Unfortunately I had to suffer from 3 miscarriages. Underwent couple of blood work and found out my that my homocysteine level, thyroid level, hemoglobin level is normal. But I'm detected with below additional problems
1. Balanced translocation - 50% chances of having successful pregnancy2. PCOS - I had irregular periods and was detected cyst in ovaries during ultrasound. With diet and mild exercise(although not obese) knock the wood I have started having periods on diet. I have started having more whole foods and fresh fruits and vegetables and have knocked out all the processed food from my diet.
I'm on below medications.
PrenatalMetanaxBaby Asprin (start 10 days from my periods). Stop when my periods start.Algae based prenatal DHAMetformin 500mcg (low dose because of my weight)
I'm waiting for successful pregnancy to happen to me and wishing other couples to be blessed with successful baby. Please share experience.

Take the Poll

If you have same mutations as me please share your experience. Please also let me know about your product that you have been using to deal with the disorder.
  • Metanx
  • HomocysteX
vote
View Poll Results

atti_editor responded:
Thank you for sharing your story! I hope that you are blessed with a successful pregnancy soon! You may want to share your story on our Trying to Conceive Community . I am sure that the women there would be very willing to share their experiences with you and that you will connect with them.

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.