Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Stomach virus worse on day 2?
kit73c posted:
Has anyone's LO had a stomach virus that seemed to get worse on the second day?

Baby girl woke up yesterday with a stomach virus. She vomited twice yesterday and had two really messy diarrhea diapers but was otherwise pleasant and didn't seem to feel too bad - playing with her toys, napped well, temp of 98.4-99.4, etc. Last night was rough though - she didn't sleep for more than an hour or so, vomited once (12 hours after the last), had diarrhea once, and is running a fever of 100.5. She's also much fussier and seems more uncomfortable.

Every time I have ever had a stomach virus, it seems like it has hit me hard within the first 3-4 hours and by day two is starting to improve. It seems strange to me that she is feeling worse today than yesterday. I took her to the Pediatrics Afterhours clinic yesterday morning. Should I take her back when they open today.

atti_editor responded:
How is your daughter doing now? I hope that she is feeling better! In the future you might find more help if you post your question the Newborn & Baby Community or the Parenting Community

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.