Skip to content
bone/tendon pain in finger after stitches on other side of hand
moomah posted:
I went to the ER early this AM (sunday) because I had badly cut my hand between my thumb and forefinger when opening a can of cat food. 14 stitches were needed; 4 inside and 10 outside the deep cut. After I got home and tried to sleep I started having intense pain in the bones and or tendons in the pinky finger of the same hand. This area was not effected by the cut and didn't receive any of the Lidacaine. I loosened the bandage because I thought it was constriction, but that didn't help. The pain is constant and some of the worst I've ever felt. I'm on 800 mg of Motrin every 8 hours and i took extra xanax because the pain was making me so tense all over. I tried using a cold pack, heat, massage, and stretching my fingers as much as possible with this huge bandage on. I had a tetanus shot at the ER before I left. I feel nauseous, but not sure if it's from the pain, the Motrin or no sleep. It's now ~8:30 AM sunday. I go to my regular doctor tomorrow at 9 AM for an unrelated visit, but he is also supposed to do a wound check and redress my hand. If this pain continues, do I need to go back to the ER, or can this wait till tomorrow? I have a leaky heart valve and am concerned if this might be an infection. Could that have happened so rapidly?
I'm 54, female, and on psychiatric disability. I take high blood pressure meds, as well as Vytorin for cholesterol, paroxetine (Paxil) , other generics for xanax and ambien, and an ADHD med.
The pain in my little finger is in the joints and especiallyfrom the last joint to my hand and down the bone along the outside and on the top of my hand. It sometimes shoots up the out side of my arm and into my elbow. Feels like a sharp object being jabbed into the bone or it being crushed in a vice. The stitched wound itself is only now starting to feel a bit uncomfortable. Any ideas about the bone pain?

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.