Notice anything different?
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
You may have noticed that our boards are functioning a bit differently now.

Probably the biggest change for you is that when you post, even if it's on an older discussion, the discussion will pop up to the top of the boards. (We heard you, our members, when you requested this time and again.) This could be a bit confusing at first, particularly on our busy boards, but it shouldn't take us long to settle in. It will help you all keep up with any discussions going on, no matter how long ago that discussion actually began.

You also may notice that some of your favorite and informative posts which once sat at the top of your boards are gone or only one sits there now. From now on, we can only have one at a time up there but we will be able to get that same information to you via another route on the boards. Please be patient with your moderators as we get that information updated.

Additionally, you'll see that when you are within the discussions (not the board view) a new sidebar on the right which contains the same Programs for You links that still sit at the top of each board plus a list of the five most recent discussions which will automatically refresh every half hour or so. Just one more feature to help you keep up with your favorite boards. Below that, on that same right sidebar, is an area where our WebMD team will be putting in some informational links, including some of those which were once stuck to the top of the boards.

Be patient with yourself and with your moderators as we all make this transition.

orangetabby responded:
Long time, no chat! I've missed you on the back board.

Yes, I did notice the difference in the posts order. I had to kind of scratch my head for a bit. LOL. Of course, I didn't see your explanation until after I had already figured it out.

Anyhow, I do see that the post with the link to the chat room which always sat at the top is now missing. So, please let us know how we find this now that this post is buried somewhere.

Thanks and hope you are well,

orangetabby

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hey there, Orangetabby, it's always good to 'see' you!

It may take us a bit of time to get such posts back to the tops of our boards (remember, we can now have only one post up there at a time but we will find other ways to share more information), and we appreciate our members being patient with us.

But, I've put the Back Pain chat room link back to the top of that board.

MarySings responded:
Oh my goodness, I'm glad I read this post. I seriously thought I was loosing my mind this morning!

Mary

NervousBride responded:
Caprice - this is so much better!!!!!!

LOL I was confused too - when I got on and one of my posts was at the top and I hadn't been on since yesterday, I thought WTH???

Seriously, I like it a lot better - thanks WebMd!

Pink_Lady_45621 responded:
Hi Caprice ~

I love ~ love ~ love this new set up !! Thanks for the explaination but had already figured out what was going on ....... Keep up the good work !

HUGGS ~ Shelley

Rod_Moser_PA_PhD responded:
I love it! Kudos to the techs that made these changes and to the people that saw this need. The WebMD boards are even MORE helpful....

It's great to read all your comments and glad that, for the most part and after some initial confusion, you're all liking it.

betsyo1967 responded:
Only took me about a half hour of thinking I was losing my mind to notice that newest posts are bumped to the top after you reply....he he he Chronic sleep deprivation will do that to ya I guess!!

I'm glad the posts are moving up to the top like this. I don't have time to go to page 2 on the busy forum I post on so it's nice to see any follow up replies like this. I think the posters asking the questions will be pleased too

bignona responded:
Took me awhile, cog fog LOL. But I like it thanks for updateing & helping us. We need all the help we can get!! Nona Judy

itsmeFCHS1957 responded:
Well, for crying out loud...whaddya know!!!?? Yowza!!! This is waaaay cool, Caprice...my heartfelt thanks to all the techies involved in this latest transition! Whodathunkit??

Wow! Queen Mum would be sooooo pleased!! (I'll bet Sir Jim (cap'n,Sir) will be excited, too, what with him doing the double posting and all.)

I'm thinkin' this calls for an extra par-tay at Nelson's, ya think??!

Must say I almost missed your announcement, tho...perhaps you might post it as a board message...just my 2 cents (hmmm...I need a new keyboard with a cent sign).

--Still a Grateful Quitter from TLOS (The Land O'Smokeless)--Mary Ann

It's great to see you ALL! I love our members.

Hi Mary Ann, not a bad idea though past experience has shown those get missed too by many as well. Truthfully, this time we just didn't have the time we needed to get those up on each board but we'll continue to do all we can, now and in the future, to get the word out when changes happen.

djtimewilltell responded:
I LOVE that the newest posts are on top...keeps from having to search in there are any new responses. Funny thing is, I was just saying to myself a week ago how nice it would be if they showed up like that. Anyway, thanks to all who made it happen!

Lifes responded:
Problem:

One thing wrong I've noticed is, after searching for old posts by a member, and reading one of the old posts, I now cannot use the Browser's Back Button (IE7) to return to the list returned on Search. Sooooooo you have to re-search the member's name to get back the list of old posts. Every time.

"Back" works fine otherwise, just not if you did a search first.

Lifes

Thanks for the continuing comments, all of you.

Lifes, I think that may be how it always worked but, either way, I appreciate you noting it here and it's something we may look into in the future. I'm sure we'll always be tweaking things here and there to create a better experience.