Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Bret Michaels? Hyponatremia
Exchange_Blogs_Admin posted:
After suffering from a subarachnoid hemorrhage (bleeding in the brain), Bret Michaels is now experiencing a common complication called hyponatremia.

Dr. Michael Smith explained about hyponatremia and its treatment , and what this means for Mr. Michaels' recovery on the WebMD Newsroom blog.

Share your comments about his post here.

julianne1971 responded:
I have been watching bret's condition his treatment, and prognosis and did not see anything before related to brain damage. If he is able to respond to dr's, and loved ones the damage must not be that severe, right? I have been a fan of Bre'ts since age 13 that was a few years ago, and i can say that Bret is a fighter, he has been through and overcame alot of things in his life. He is a loving, generous and truley caring idol in the rock/ entertainment business. I pray for his recovery and his family at this time and believe truely that Bret's work here on earth is far from done, so we will be awaiting Bre'ts return with open arms.
with love
Julianne-menomonie, wisconsin

Lizinjax responded:
AFTER REVIEWING ALL THE INFO IN THIS ARTICLE I BELIEVE I HAVE TO SHARE MY STORY.
I'M IN THE BEGINING STAGES OF STARTING A NON-PROFIT FUND RAISING ORGANIZATION.
IN 1993 MY SON, NICK, A VERY HEALTHY, BRIGHT AND SWEET GIVING BOY (8 1/2 YEARS OLD) HAD A HEADACHE ON 10/4/1993. I GAVE HIM SOME TYLENOL AND HE FELT MUCH BETTER AND DREW SOME WONDERFUL PICTURES. HE WENT TO BED AS ALWAYS; HE SHARED A ROOM WITH HIS YOUNGER BROTHER MIKE. THE NEXT MORNING HIS BROTHER MIKE, WHO WAS 6 AT THE TIME, WOKE ME UP AND TOLD ME HE COULDN'T WAKE UP NICK. MY NIGHTMARE AND HEARTBREAK BEGAN WHEN I FOUND HIM IN BED BUT IN A POSITION THAT LOOKED LIKE HE HAD TRIED TO GET UP AND THEN FELL BACK ON HIS BED. HE WAS COLD TO THE TOUCH AND NOT BREATHING. I CALLED 911 AND ATTEMPTED CPR. THE PARAMEDICS CAME AND SAID HE WAS DOWN APPROXIMATLY 2 HOURS. TO MAKE A LONG STORY AS SHORT AS POSSIBLE THEY DID AN AUTOPSY THAT DAY. I RECEIVED A CALL AT 3PM REGARDING THE CAUSE OF DEATH. IT WAS A BERRY ANEURYYSM. UNFORTUNATLY I RECEIVED AN EDUCATION REGARDING THAT TYPE OF ANEURYSM. FOR YEARS I WANTED TO FORM AN ORGANIZATION TO RAISE FUNDS NOT ONLY FOR RESEARCH, BUT PREVENTION AND EARLY DETECTION. IT'S VERY RARE FOR A CHILD TO DIE DUE TO AN ANEURYSM. SO DETECTION AND PREVENTION COULD HAVE SAVED HIS LIFE IF WE HAD ROUTINE MRI'S AT CHILDBIRTH, FOR EXAMPLE. IF I COULD HELP EVEN ONE OTHER CHILD AND THEIR PARENTS FROM THIS PAIN AND HEARTACHE I WOULD FEEL THE FIGHT IS WORTH IT!

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.