Skip to content
Testicular pain and blood in semen
An_225119 posted:
Hi All,

I'm trying to figure out what exactly is wrong with me. I haven't consulted a doctor yet, but I fear that might be my only option.

Anyways, I'm a 20 year old healthy male. Recently over the past week, I have been getting pain in my left testicle throughout the day. It doesn't appear swollen, but it's a steady discomfort. I've also had some lower back pain recently.

Also, when I ejaculated the other day, it was slightly painful and I noticed a small amount of blood inside the semen afterwords.

I've been doing some research online and some sources point to an STD. The last time I had sex was oral sex about a year and a half ago now. (I performed it on a female and she performed it on me), so I'm thinking that's probably not it.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hiya,

Please remember there is no doctor that can diagnose online. And guessing at this is not what you need. Please follow up with the doctor, it's the only way to be sure of what your are dealing with.
Good Luck and Good health, Chrissy WebMD Community Staff

Frosty02 responded:
I'm also a healthy 30yo male, I had the exact same symptoms. Pain in testicle blood in semen.
I saw a urologist and was diagnosed with prostatitus, aka prostate infection. I had a prostate exam and ultrasound antibiotics.

I've been showing blood on and off for 6-7months now.
pain went away in my testicle and swelling went down.

I'll be doing a follow up and possible 2nd opinion. I can't get rid of it.
All I've read and heard from doctors is there is no reason and cure as why prostate infections happen, we just get them. Most cause for no alarm, they say.

Please go see a doc get an exam just got make sure all is ok. Best of luck, keep us updated.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.