Skip to content
I need some advice
An_225215 posted:
I have a number of the signs I might have low testosterone. Low energy, (not terrible, but low) body/ facial hair is more patchy than anything, my voice isn't high, but not really low either. I can't grow much muscle & my strength isn't that impressive since my muscle just really doesn't grow. Lack of self confidence & definately more on the emotional side. I have occasional little periods of depression, but seem to dwell on more painful hurting memories. Grumpy @ other times & a few other things I lknow I am forgetting, but can't think of right now.

Anyway my doctor prescribed testosterone patches for me to try due to this @ 2 1/2 mg & 5 mg dosages. My question is I have read the possible side effects & was wondering what chance they have of happening & if for some reason the patches gave me too much testosterone (though I doubt it personally) @ those dosages is that something that could be extremely dangerous? Also online I read you are only to take the suppliment for 8 weeks? Why is that & os that in intervals or period 8 weeks & no more? I know I can ask my pharmasist & I intend to, but I would like more than one professional to tell me their thoughts here. Thank you so much & if I think of more I will share that as well.

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hiya,

You should really share these concerns with your doctor for sure, and if you have any side effects call him. We do have a Man to Man Topics Community that you might find support on, why don't you ask your question there. I bet someone has gone through this as well. I hope that helps!
Good Luck and Good health, Chrissy WebMD Community Staff

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!