Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I need some advice
An_225215 posted:
I have a number of the signs I might have low testosterone. Low energy, (not terrible, but low) body/ facial hair is more patchy than anything, my voice isn't high, but not really low either. I can't grow much muscle & my strength isn't that impressive since my muscle just really doesn't grow. Lack of self confidence & definately more on the emotional side. I have occasional little periods of depression, but seem to dwell on more painful hurting memories. Grumpy @ other times & a few other things I lknow I am forgetting, but can't think of right now.

Anyway my doctor prescribed testosterone patches for me to try due to this @ 2 1/2 mg & 5 mg dosages. My question is I have read the possible side effects & was wondering what chance they have of happening & if for some reason the patches gave me too much testosterone (though I doubt it personally) @ those dosages is that something that could be extremely dangerous? Also online I read you are only to take the suppliment for 8 weeks? Why is that & os that in intervals or period 8 weeks & no more? I know I can ask my pharmasist & I intend to, but I would like more than one professional to tell me their thoughts here. Thank you so much & if I think of more I will share that as well.

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hiya,

You should really share these concerns with your doctor for sure, and if you have any side effects call him. We do have a Man to Man Topics Community that you might find support on, why don't you ask your question there. I bet someone has gone through this as well. I hope that helps!
Good Luck and Good health, Chrissy WebMD Community Staff

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.