Skip to content
My MRI hurt too
screennamecurious posted:
Today -13 July 2010- I had an MRI of my left elbow. The person doing the mri taped a pill like marker onto my arm at the place i indicated i felt pain. While in the machine, my elbow started aching. When I was removed from the machine, my left arm, just below the elbow was all swollen around the "marker" and the tape. The pain was some of the worst I have felt in this part of my body. Over the next several minutes, the pain gradually lessened, but there is still some residual pain. The female who did the MRI told me that the pain must have been caused by the way I held my arm during the MRI. My arm was positioned by her before the procedure and I did not move it. I do not believe her explanation. Furthermore, what was it that caused the swelling? I also got a headache from the MRI that lasted several hours.

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi screennamecurious,

For help with your questions please visit our WebMD Osteoarthritis Community . Do get in touch with your doctor if you have had complications with an MRI.

- Annie

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.