Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Crazy Things People Do in the Heat?
Olivia_WebMD_Staff posted:
Hi everyone!

The heat this summer has been overwhelming in some areas of our country and other parts of the world as well. It seems you can't turn on the T.V. these days without seeing a story about someone leaving a pet in a hot car or a jogger passing out from running in the midday heat.

It got our team here at WebMD thinking about what other things might folks do in the heat that doesn't seem to make any common sense.

What have you seen people doing in the heat this summer that seemed crazy to you? Post here and tell us your stories!

dancer86442 responded:
Hello Olivia,

How about Alcohol Abuse? In July, Temps in excess of 100%, at the Colorado River, I watched my Hubby & friends. After gettin warmed up on beer & shots, they decided to try something 'new'. They each took turns w/ a snorkel tube & poured Whiskey to the top of the tube & Drank. Till the Whiskey was gone. Between the heat & Drinking I was surprised to see them make it home. I was barely surviving just the heat. :(

I know while living in Ut, at Lake Powell, the incidents were always alcohol abuse & boating during the summer. It's the same here in AZ. So what is it about water &/or Heat :( that makes PPL lose their 'common sense'?

Love Candi

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
My nearly 12-year-old has a fleece hat with bunny ears that she insists on wearing to camp. She even wore it to the water park field trip. She commented on the way home that people looked at her funny in her bikini, towel and bunny hat.

Huh. Wonder why? The fleece winter bunny hat in 97 degree weather alone would make me look at someone funny.

larsstarscanary responded:
I've seen people roasting under the sun all day on the beach. They look as red as lobsters, and some look like they have leather for skin. I think they are tempting a cancerous fate.

DianeR01 responded:
Sun dresses and uggs? Ugh!

OLDTIFF47 replied to DianeR01's response:
WE HAVE 6 GRANDS WHO LIVE AWAY FROM HERE AND WE ARE ON 6 ACRES...SO IN THE BACK YARD WE HAVE A 3 FOOT POOL FOR THEM NO PUMP OR ANYTHING... I PUT CHLORINE IN IT TO KEEP WATER CLEAN... WELL ONE NIGHT AFTER DARK NO ONE HERE BUT MY PAUL(43 YEARS MARRIED)...I WENT OUT AND SKINNY DIPPED A LITTLE WHILE ....OH MY IT FELT GOOD....NOW DON'T TELL ON GRAMMY OK...LOL

TIFF

TIFF

Olivia_WebMD_Staff replied to OLDTIFF47's response:
LOL, TIFF! I don't think that is crazy at all. Sounds like a great thing to do to cool off after a really hot day. :-)

Olivia

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources