Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My friend has a canker sore
cappuccinolover posted:
Hi,
My friend has a canker sore that she says is half the size of a dime. She says it hurts extremely bad, and is wondering if I know what to do. I suggested swishing warm milk in her mouth. Does anyone else have any more suggestions?
Thanks!
She'll appreciate your help just as much as I do!
~ cappuccinolover.

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hiya,
I did a search for you here on WebMD. You can read up on treatments here; Canker Sores: Sypmtoms, Causes, Treatments.

Hope that helps
Good Luck and Good health, Chrissy WebMD Community Staff

howard_reg9 responded:
The Kanka soft-brush provides temporary relief; it's basically a mild topical anesthetic. I hadn't heard the warm milk idea; does that help?
Howard of Hoboken

sjpeters36 replied to howard_reg9's response:
Try having your friend talk to their doctor/dentist about MuGard. It is a prescription strength mouthwash used to treat Oral Mucositis in cancer patients, that can also be used to treat canker sores. I hope that helps, and best of luck!

howard_reg9 responded:
My wife is an alternative healer, and she recommends therapeutic grade essential oils for a number of ailments. Clove oil works very well for a lot of oral issues, including canker sores.
Howard of Hoboken

howard_ems0617 replied to howard_reg9's response:
Thanks. The Young Living Thieves blend seems to work quite well for these.

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.