Skip to content
hernia mesh patch problems
Rowan2123 posted:
had surgey for suspeced hernia repair and had a nerve cutting in july of 2007, they did not find a hernia but they put in a hernia mesh patch
just to be on the safe side. ever cents then i have had infections several times, and have had saever pain that will double me over in when it hits. i had an appointment to see the surgen but they told me that there was nothing that they could do, my primary doctor thinks that it would be a good idea to have it removered. is it possible that my body rejecting the hernia mesh patch?

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Rowan2123,

I'm sorry you are ill. I would suggest that you get copies of all of your reports relating to your hernia diagnosis and treatment including the surgery and infections so you can seek a second opinion. Read more about second opinions by using the WebMD search engine to read an archived blog entry from Dr Bill Lloyd about when to seek a second opinion, I think you will find it helpful.

- Annie

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.