Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
hernia mesh patch problems
Rowan2123 posted:
had surgey for suspeced hernia repair and had a nerve cutting in july of 2007, they did not find a hernia but they put in a hernia mesh patch
just to be on the safe side. ever cents then i have had infections several times, and have had saever pain that will double me over in when it hits. i had an appointment to see the surgen but they told me that there was nothing that they could do, my primary doctor thinks that it would be a good idea to have it removered. is it possible that my body rejecting the hernia mesh patch?

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Rowan2123,

I'm sorry you are ill. I would suggest that you get copies of all of your reports relating to your hernia diagnosis and treatment including the surgery and infections so you can seek a second opinion. Read more about second opinions by using the WebMD search engine to read an archived blog entry from Dr Bill Lloyd about when to seek a second opinion, I think you will find it helpful.

- Annie

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.