Skip to content
need an answer
littleasianwoman posted:
I think I have OCD and ADHD. How do I find out if I have these disorders without going to a therapist. I don't really like them plus I can't afford them do to not having health insurance.
An_225500 responded:
I am not a doctor..
I was diagnosed with OCD by a therapist. But once he told me that is what I had, and I researched online what OCD was, I learned that I had a lot of the symptoms listed on the internet. BUT diagnosing yourself isn't a good idea, you could have other things going on too. I have OCD, and mine is obsessive worrying, I don't have physical compulsions like some people with OCD, I do wash my hands alot but that is it, I am mostly obsessive. My therapist told me basically I'm just an obsessive worryer. I am taking Pristiq for the disorder and it seems to be working. Since you don't have health ins maybe you could find a clinic to go to and talk to a dr there and maybe he/she can help you. good luck! and do your research, but do not diagnose yourself.
Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
You need to see a doctor to get a diagnosis and proper treatment. It isn't possible for anyone to diagnose online or diagnose yourself accurately. Many things can mimic the symptoms you feel you have at this time.

Here is a link to a list of Free and Low Cost Health Care Resources .

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.