Skip to content
Feels like intestines are contracting
misseprisse1985 posted:
Does the subject even make sense? Not to me! Last night I was lying in bed and when I would lay on either side, or my stomach..it literally felt like my intestines were contracting. I only was able to get about 2 hours of sleep with the pain. It felt like the insides were so sore and burning, and it would last for maybe 5 seconds then stop for about 10 mins and then start again, same routine. I put a pillow on my side and that seemed to help a little bit. When I woke up this morning, I noticed my right side was hurting again (had been for about two days, just a real uncomfy feeling) and that now when I get the pain, my upper back starts hurting. The pain area, it feels, right below my rib cage...A lot of people said it's gas..and believe me I've tried to get that out..but no luck with anything.
Has anyone else had a problem similar to this or have any advice?

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and welcome,

You really need to see the doctor. There is no way anyone can diagnose over the internet, no guessing at this. You sound so uncomfortable, please see the doc.
Good Luck and Good health, Chrissy WebMD Community Staff

l_gomez87 responded:
Did you ever find it what it was... im experiencing the same exact symptoms.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to l_gomez87's response:
Welcome I_gomez87,

Since this discussion is 8 months old the original poster may not be following it.

Abdominal/stomach pain/cramping can be caused by many different conditions it is impossible to guess what is going on without an exam. Please follow up with your doctor to have this checked out.

Hope you find answers and are feeling better soon,
Elizabeth

jayar91 responded:
I had something very similar happen. It started when I was about 14 but not too severe at first so I thought it was just an upset stomach, but would always keep me up at night. When I got to 19 it had gotten so bad that one night I couldn't handle the pain so I went to the hospital. It turns out my gall bladder was spewing infected bile so I had to undergo emergency surgery that night. It's a good thing I decided to take action, because usually I'd just try getting through it, and the doctor said if I waited a few more days it could have been fatal. I say better safe than sorry, especially when it comes to your abdomen or chest.
Good luck!

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.