Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saliva that fades bedding
Ross250 posted:
My 15 year old son, who has autism, has a few issues. His throat and ears always itch, and he has chronic bad breath. As a result, he is always spitting.

It's gotten so bad that his brand new pillow case and sheets by his mouth have faded in spots. His saliva has actually taken the color out of his bedding.

He's been to an allergist, an ENT and his regular pediatrician. We've tried nose sprays and allergy medicines, but they haven't helped. The fading of sheets has not been discussed with any doctors as of yet because we went to these doctors about a year ago.

It seems like an acidity-level problem.

Any ideas what this is and what should be done to relieve this? His suffering is constant from this.

Thanks,

Ross

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Ross,

If your son is taking or using various medications you may want to click on the Find A Drug link at the top of the board to read about them.

We also have a couple of boards that may be helpful to you as well including our ENT board with Dr Moser as well as our Autism Support Group board.

Please do click on the Programs For You areas of those boards for more helpful WebMD articles.

- Annie

Ross250 responded:
Thanks Annie.

I sent my inquiry to both of those boards to get their opinions. My son isn't on any medication, but thanks for mentioning that option.

Regards,

Ross

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Ross,

You are welcome.

Good luck!

- Annie

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.