Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Saliva that fades bedding
    Ross250 posted:
    My 15 year old son, who has autism, has a few issues. His throat and ears always itch, and he has chronic bad breath. As a result, he is always spitting.

It's gotten so bad that his brand new pillow case and sheets by his mouth have faded in spots. His saliva has actually taken the color out of his bedding.

He's been to an allergist, an ENT and his regular pediatrician. We've tried nose sprays and allergy medicines, but they haven't helped. The fading of sheets has not been discussed with any doctors as of yet because we went to these doctors about a year ago.

It seems like an acidity-level problem.

Any ideas what this is and what should be done to relieve this? His suffering is constant from this.

Thanks,

Ross

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi Ross,

If your son is taking or using various medications you may want to click on the Find A Drug link at the top of the board to read about them.

We also have a couple of boards that may be helpful to you as well including our ENT board with Dr Moser as well as our Autism Support Group board.

Please do click on the Programs For You areas of those boards for more helpful WebMD articles.

- Annie

Ross250 responded:
    Thanks Annie.

I sent my inquiry to both of those boards to get their opinions. My son isn't on any medication, but thanks for mentioning that option.

Regards,

Ross

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi Ross,

You are welcome.

Good luck!

- Annie

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.