Skip to content
New Features -- Email Digests
Olivia_WebMD_Staff posted:
Remember email digests? Wonder where they disappeared to? Well, they are coming back!

Every public Community now provides you access to a Daily Email Digest (Invitation-only Communities, in order to maintain their expected level of privacy, will not offer this). Look to your left navigation on any Community page and you will find a <Staying Informed> link, which you can use to subscribe to both the respective Newsletter and/or the Community's Daily Email Digest.

Once subscribed, you will receive a daily digest of the latest activity within the Community from the day before, including Discussions, Tips and Resources, thread starters and the number of new replies submitted that day. And to make it as easy as possible for you to get the latest information within each thread, clicking on the "Today's New Replies" link will direct you to the first new reply made that day—meaning you don't have to dig through a popular thread for what is new that day.

Try out Email Digests and let us know what you think!

Other New Features: Easier Paging I Related Links I Sticky Posts I More Features

Csewhappy responded:
Great - thank you,

Carol

Olivia_WebMD_Staff responded:
The new features have now been rolled out. Be sure to let us know what you think!

Olivia

annette030 replied to Olivia_WebMD_Staff's response:
I found that they had been added and signed up yesterday for the email digests for the boards I visit. They have not started yet, when can I expect them?

Thanks, Annette

annette030 replied to Olivia_WebMD_Staff's response:
I got the new email digests, I was very disappointed. The format is such that I still have to click and click and click to go from page to page. It takes almost as long as the old system does dealing directly with the message boards.

The old email digests brought all the new posts to your email provider and you could just scroll through them and read them in their entirety, and only click on the ones that you wanted to respond to. In fast moving boards like the FMS Community with lots of social posting, that made a huge difference in the amount of time I spend online. I usually respond to medical info more than social posting.

I have already heard from Caprice that the basic format will not change, so I guess I have to decide whether or not to continue posting on the boards I currently use.

Take care, Annette

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.