Skip to content
MRI Pain
kbarr52 posted:
Well, at least someone got some kind of answer. That is better than,
"oh, that can't happen".........heck, we say something to inform and educate. We as patients don't get that type of respect for feedback.
We get, 'it's in your head'.........'that didn't hurt'.............we would not be saying anything if it were not true. So give us some credit to get the medical field to look into these matters. I had my tonsils out at age twenty one and felt every cut as the anestetic(sp?) did not work for me. Again, we are all different and have different experiences.
So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yes, things can happen and we want answers.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi kbarr52,

You are correct, there can be many different experiences/outcomes for the same procedure/test/surgery performed on each different patient, including MRI's .

If one has an unusual outcome or experience, I would hope that the health care professional would take the time to examine the situation, provide an explanation and if unable to explain, document the experience with appropriate national organizations. If your provider dismisses your concerns, time for a different health care professional.

Elizabeth

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.