Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Large Lump Behind Left Ear - Dizziness, Headache, Pressure
An_225904 posted:
I am a 23 year old female with a pretty healthy history. I was diagnosed with PCOS about a year ago. However, the past few weeks I have noticed a large lump behind my left ear. I didn't think much of it before because I had a pretty intense cold which I believe turned into a sinus infection. It wasn't until recently that I have grown more concerned about the lump. I have noticed I have been quite dizzy and have had some strange headaches/pain in that area. Also I feel a great deal of pressure in the general area and noticed I have been feeling a little "off" if that makes sense. Also had been slightly nauseated here and there, but have not vomited. I have also noticed my vision being a bit blurred and more strain on the left side of my head. My left top eyelid has been twitching for weeks and I am not sure if this is related. I am very scared that it could be something serious like a tumor or brain cancer, but I am no professional, so I really don't know. I am seriously thinking about going to the er tomorrow since I do not have a PCP and I think it will take a while to get into see one and then have tests done and results to come back. I was just hoping someone could give me input and advice on what to prepare for. I have never had anything like this before so I am not sure what to expect, PLEASE HELP!!

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon_145717,

Since you mention that you have blurry vision you may want to get in contact with your doctor's office right away and let them know about this. Vision is precious so please don't hesitate to get a second opinion. We don't have an eye and vision community board currently so you may want to read an archived blog from Dr Bill Lloyd (he was the health expert on our former eye and vision board) about getting a second opinion:
Second Opinions are Welcome

We do have an Ear, Nose, and Throat Community board that may be helpful to you as well.

Take care!

- Annie

clucapm responded:
Did you ever go to dr? I am having almost exact same symptoms. I had breast cancer last year - broken neck (C2 in 2009), so I was not sure if it was related to all of that, but the blurred vision started today, and I can barely see out of my left ear, but all my symptoms are almost identical to yours. Hope you feel better and get good news when you do go to the dr. I was scheduled for a brain MRI two weeks ago. When I went in they told me that my copay was $467. I don't have that kind of extra money, so I cancelled the appt. The migraines have stopped over the last two weeks, but hte pressure, the swollen lymph node, and now blurred vision is there.

Annie_WebMD_Staff replied to clucapm's response:
Hi clucapm,

Please visit a doctor as your vision is precious. At the current time we don't have an eye and vision community board but we do have a Migraines/Headaches Community for help with your questions about headache problems.

- Annie

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.